Why Golden Brain?
Every one of our teachers is a fully qualified and experienced classroom practitioner, with an excellent understanding of how children learn most effectively. Your child will receive a carefully planned and prepared lesson, to meet their learning needs, whether that is in a group or one to one setting.
We personally ensure that children are matched with a teacher who best fits their learning needs.
On registration , we will take details of your child’s requirements and help you to decide on the best way forward.
We only employ teachers who we would trust to teach our own children.
Our Golden Brain teachers have all been personally interviewed and have had lessons observed; with the majority being former colleagues I have made during my career. They are fully DBS checked and have been teaching for at least three years, in a classroom setting. Many have held positions of responsibility such as Head of Year, subject leader or higher.
Teachers are given a full induction before commencing work and all use engaging and effective teaching techniques. They are experts in planning sessions according to need, ensuring every child is challenged and supported appropriately.
Our teachers are all specialists in their area, from Early Years to GCSE level in English, maths, science or languages (French, Spanish, German, Arabic and Mandarin)
Our Golden Brain teachers are all extremely passionate about what they do, stay up to date with current educational trends, and will ensure your child makes outstanding progress and achievement.
- “**** really enjoyed her lesson so much. She delighted in explaining to me the difference between there, their and they’re – something I have been trying to achieve for years! Fab!”
Alison and her team at GBA have been life saviours. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the change in my son has been immense. When he first started. I was in awe of the extremely clever children in his group and thinking how far off in confidence and knowledge my boy was. Now 4 months later, he is one of those extremely clever children. The gap has closed in. His confidence has grown. And above all he has thoroughly enjoyed every second of it.I’m not going to lie. Home schooling was consuming my days with a reluctant learner who I felt I was dishing out all the answers to. So, it also helped me to regain my sanity, create a balanced happy home and structure home learning in a more effective manner. GBA have been brilliant. Can't wait for the Autumn term.Thank you so much. Pana Neocleous (Yr 3 mum)
When I initially told him that he would be having a tutor every morning he wasn’t overly happy, however as soon as he started taking part in your classes he loved it. Both he (and I) have learnt a lot!
- “I don’t think I have ever seen her write so neatly and patiently; you obviously bring out the best in her! I also wanted to thank you. I have often overheard **** and you talking- and I see her face beam. Learning with you has not just enabled her to address her frustration with online classes (online school is very different here!) but also highlighted the joy of learning. And of course- as she says in her note to you- she has loved speaking in her London accent (she switches accents- uses the London accent when talking at home; and the Indian accent when speaking with her friends etc.!!)."
- "I just wanted to let you know I received ***'s end of year report today and after 7 years she finally finishes Primary school and her levels in all subjects are secure or exceeding. Not a single Emerging tick in sight. I’m so proud of what she has achieved which has been a long road but she got there. I’m so grateful to you for your help in the last year, by far the best tutor she has had over the years."
- "Your classes are a godsend, enabling **** to maintain a degree of teaching (in the most wonderful way) whilst meeting new children and seeing her buddies."
- “When I initially told **** he would be having a tutor he wasn't overly happy. However, as soon as he started taking part in your classes, he loved it. Both he (and I) have learnt a lot."
- “You are amazing at what you do. Finding you by chance was like hitting the jackpot. Thank you for your continued enthusiasm and high standard of teaching."
- "You've been amazing, and your enthusiasm for the different subjects has been infectious! We can see how much effort you put in to each class to keep it educational yet at the same time fun, and all through a channel (e.g. remotely on screen) that normally wouldn't feel natural to children. So really well done to you and your team."
What We Offer
Online Group Classes
Our popular group lessons have been carefully designed to raise students’ standards in English, maths, science and languages.
With small class sizes of between six and ten students, these sessions are led by one of our engaging and experienced teachers. In addition to consolidating the appropriate National Curriculum objectives, pupils will also learn important life skills such as collaboration and critical thinking. We have organised our class timings to suit busy family life, with lessons in the evenings, weekends and holidays.
Online One to One Lessons
We have specialist teachers in English, maths, science and languages for both primary and secondary children.
Your child’s learning journey will be expertly planned and delivered by an experienced teacher, with knowledge of the curriculum expectations. Lessons can be arranged to fit in with your family’s schedule and are booked in half termly blocks.
Online Eleven Plus Prep
We have specialist teachers who are experienced in preparing children for grammar and independent school entrance tests. We provide twice-weekly term time lessons for children, from Year 4 upwards, and also intense holiday classes too. These classes cover comprehension, creative writing, VR, non VR, and maths as well as exam techniques.
Home Learning Programme
Is your child being schooled at home?
From September 2020, we will be offering classes and private lessons for children who are being home educated. This includes English, maths, science, French, Spanish, German, Arabic and Mandarin. Extremely competitive packages available which include a comprehensive curriculum taught by highly qualified and experienced teachers. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Calling all Nursery and Reception aged children! We have two wonderful new classes starting on Saturday 19th September with our wonderful Early Years specialist, Natalie. These fun and engaging lessons will take your child on a basic skills journey through number, phonics, letter formation and basic sentence structure. Natalie uses her tried and tested techniques to ensure maximum progress and enjoyment.
Here is an example of a phonics and maths lesson for you to enjoy!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How Can We Help?
Common Entrance Exams for Independent Schools
If you have made the decision to go private for secondary school, our experienced teachers will help your child make the dream a reality.
Many children feel overwhelmed by the pace of the curriculum in school. Others prefer to work in a smaller group and need the immediate praise and reward of working 1:1 or in a small group. Our enthusiastic, expertly trained teachers can raise the confidence of even the most reluctant child.
Grammar, spelling and punctuation We can help both you and your child to learn the difference between a relative and a subordinate clause. A good understanding of grammar can have an incredible impact on the standard of your child’s writing.
Providing additional challenge
All children have a talent for something (such a gymnastics, music or art). If your child is excelling in maths or English, we can focus on mastery skills and ensure they are reaching their full capabilities.
Closing gaps in attainment
Some children who fall behind find it impossible to ‘catch up’ with their peers, especially if they haven’t been in school for long periods. The pace of the National Curriculum does not make allowances for children who need more time for consolidation and application before moving onto the next objective. Our experienced teachers can give your child the extra time they need, allowing them to close any gaps which may have formed, and progress at a more rapid rate.
Maths Reasoning skills
The new National Curriculum in maths places great emphasis on children’s ability to solve problems and explain their methods. Pupils need to be able to ‘think outside the box’ and answer questions that go much deeper than basic sums and calculations. We include reasoning activities in all our maths lessons, enabling these skills to become second nature to our students.
11+ Entrance Tests
Don’t allow applying and sitting for grammar school to be a stressful experience. We can prepare and provide support for you all, making the whole process straightforward and stress free.
SATs practice for KS1 and KS2
Primary aged children complete end of key stage tests at the end of Year 2 and Year 6. We can match your child with a teacher who has first-hand experience of these assessments and can guide them appropriately through the whole process.