Is your child finding it difficult to distinguish between a relative and subordinate clause? Are you finding supporting your child with their homework a challenge? Confused by the new calculation policies? Are you both overwhelmed by the whole entrance exam process?
We Can Help!
At Golden Brain Academy, we understand the common difficulties and misconceptions that children face on their learning journey through primary school. We know that many children need to be challenged further than a large classroom setting allows for.
Our Saturday classes have been carefully planned and organised to help children who need “just a little more time” to grasp concepts before moving onto the next objective. For those children whose progress is being held back, we can “push them that little bit further” in order for them to reach their highest potential.
On registration, you will be asked to complete a registration form. This will give us the necessary information to ensure your child is fully supported and/ or challenged in every lesson. This allows every one of our pupils to make maximum progress.
Our classes are beneficial for all primary aged children. We have ‘booster’ classes for children who need extra support with certain concepts in English and maths. In addition to this, we have subject specific lessons such as “Creative Writing and Grammar’ and ‘Maths Challenge’. With class sizes of no more than ten children, our fully-qualified teachers can work both individually with the children and also promote and utilise the benefits of discussion, collaboration and critical thinking. We even provide individual reports every half term documenting our students’ progress.
Class Time for The Arc on Saturdays with Alison Goulden and Sam McCormack
9.30am Mixed Class/ Catch up
10.30am Year 1, 2 and 3
11.30am Mixed Class and 11+
12.30pm Year 4
2.00pm Year 5
3.00pm Year 6 (SATs)
4.00pm 11+ and entrance exam practice
Why Golden Brain?
Each of our tutors is a fully qualified and experienced classroom practitioner with an excellent understanding of how children learn most effectively. Your child will receive a carefully planned and prepared lesson, to meet their exact learning needs, using our gold star lesson format.
The mediocre teacher TELLS.
The good teacher EXPLAINS.
The superior teacher DEMONSTRATES
The Golden Brain teacher INSPIRES!
- “**** really enjoyed her lesson so much. She delighted in explaining to me the difference between there, their and they’re – something I have been trying to achieve for years! Fab!”
- “My son achieved an academic scholarship to our first choice school and I just can't thank you enough.”
- "Your personal and friendly approach meant the world to us. We feel that **** is being treated like a person and not just a number."
- "**** loved Saturday’s lesson – I can’t believe she actually uttered the words, “I like English now!"
- “I was best in my class in maths this week because you taught me how to multiply and divide by 10, 100 and 1000 in a way I can understand”.
- “I'm so pleased with how well **** is getting on. This week she scored 36 out of 40 on her mock SATs as opposed to the 17 she got last time. She is gaining in confidence all the time and I just wanted to say thank you”.
- *****'s confidence has increased ten-fold since she started your lessons. At Parents' Evening, her teacher told me she can't believe the rapid progress ***** has made.