Has the school closure left your child with gaps in their knoweldge? Is your child finding it difficult to distinguish between a relative and subordinate clause? Are you finding supporting your child with their homework a challenge? Confused with the new calculation policies? Are you both overwhelmed by the whole entrance exam process?
Our experienced and enthusiastic tutors can help! We personally match every child with a tutor who best fits their learning needs.
On registration, we will ask you to give us information on your child’s exact learning needs. We will then find the perfect teacher, taking into consideration their age, learning needs, availability and experience to date.
Our teachers have all been personally interviewed and the majority are former colleagues. They are fully DBS checked and have been teaching, for at least three years, in a classroom setting. Many have help positions of responsibility, such as Head of Department, subject leader or higher.
We can provide one to one (or one to two if your child would prefer to learn with a friend) lessons for primary and secondary children in English, maths, science and languages (including French, German, Spanish and Mandarin).
Lessons can be booked in half termly blocks and we ensure your child’s class will be at a suitable time for your family.
Why Golden Brain?
Each of our teachers is a fully qualified and experienced classroom practitioner with an excellent understanding of how children learn most effectively. Your child will receive a carefully planned and prepared lesson, to meet their exact learning needs.
The mediocre teacher TELLS.
The good teacher EXPLAINS.
The superior teacher DEMONSTRATES
The Golden Brain teacher INSPIRES!
- “**** really enjoyed her lesson so much. She delighted in explaining to me the difference between there, their and they’re – something I have been trying to achieve for years! Fab!”
Alison and her team at GBA have been life saviours. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the change in my son has been immense. When he first started. I was in awe of the extremely clever children in his group and thinking how far off in confidence and knowledge my boy was. Now 4 months later, he is one of those extremely clever children. The gap has closed in. His confidence has grown. And above all he has thoroughly enjoyed every second of it.I’m not going to lie. Home schooling was consuming my days with a reluctant learner who I felt I was dishing out all the answers to. So, it also helped me to regain my sanity, create a balanced happy home and structure home learning in a more effective manner. GBA have been brilliant. Can't wait for the Autumn term.Thank you so much. Pana Neocleous (Yr 3 mum)
When I initially told him that he would be having a tutor every morning he wasn’t overly happy, however as soon as he started taking part in your classes he loved it. Both he (and I) have learnt a lot!
- “I don’t think I have ever seen her write so neatly and patiently; you obviously bring out the best in her! I also wanted to thank you. I have often overheard **** and you talking- and I see her face beam. Learning with you has not just enabled her to address her frustration with online classes (online school is very different here!) but also highlighted the joy of learning. And of course- as she says in her note to you- she has loved speaking in her London accent (she switches accents- uses the London accent when talking at home; and the Indian accent when speaking with her friends etc.!!)."
- "I just wanted to let you know I received ***'s end of year report today and after 7 years she finally finishes Primary school and her levels in all subjects are secure or exceeding. Not a single Emerging tick in sight. I’m so proud of what she has achieved which has been a long road but she got there. I’m so grateful to you for your help in the last year, by far the best tutor she has had over the years."
- "Your classes are a godsend, enabling **** to maintain a degree of teaching (in the most wonderful way) whilst meeting new children and seeing her buddies."
- “When I initially told **** he would be having a tutor he wasn't overly happy. However, as soon as he started taking part in your classes, he loved it. Both he (and I) have learnt a lot."
- “You are amazing at what you do. Finding you by chance was like hitting the jackpot. Thank you for your continued enthusiasm and high standard of teaching."
- "You've been amazing, and your enthusiasm for the different subjects has been infectious! We can see how much effort you put in to each class to keep it educational yet at the same time fun, and all through a channel (e.g. remotely on screen) that normally wouldn't feel natural to children. So really well done to you and your team."