Golden Brain allows me to share my love of learning and teaching to children across the globe, inspiring a new generation of readers, writers and mathematicians.
I started Golden Brain because I have a great passion for education and improving children’s levels in maths, reading, writing, spelling and grammar. Having taught hundreds of children throughout my career I have an excellent understanding of how children learn best whilst making their lessons enjoyable and inspiring. My techniques have been tried and tested, not only on the children I have taught in school and through tutoring, but also my own three daughters. Golden Brain allows me to share my love of learning and teaching to children across the globe, inspiring a new generation of readers, writers and mathematicians.
- Graduated with a first class honours degree BA (QTS) with a specialism in in English from The University of Warwick in 1999.
- Taught in a range of different settings, in many different year groups for over 18 years.
- Held positions of responsibility such as English Leader, Head of Pre-Prep, Year Leader and Assistant Head.
- Have planned and delivered training sessions for staff and parents on the most successful ways of teaching children to read, write and learn phonics and grammar.
- Class teacher at The Arc in Caterham on Saturdays – preparing children for exams and providing booster classes for support.
- One to one private tuition in UK preparing children for secondary entrance exams and to consolidate learning in school
We personally match every child with a tutor who best fits their learning needs.
On registration, you will complete an online survey giving us your exact requirements. We will then find the perfect tutor for your child, taking into consideration their age, learning needs, availability and experience to date.
Our Golden Brain tutors (see bios) have all been personally interviewed and assessed. They are fully DBS or police checked and have been teaching for at least three years, in a classroom setting. Many have held positions of responsibility such as head of year, subject leader or higher.
Tutors are given a full induction before commencing online work and all use our gold star format to teach their lessons. They are experts in planning sessions according to need, ensuring every child is challenged and supported appropriately.
We will match your child with the tutor who best fits their needs. For example if you are looking for secondary school entrance exam preparation, we will link your child with a teacher has excellent experience of this. On the other hand, should it be that your child is finding learning to read a challenge, we will find you a reading specialist with expert knowledge of phonics.
Our Golden Brain tutors are all extremely passionate about what they do, stay up to date with current educational trends, and will ensure your child makes outstanding progress and achievement.
What We Offer
Our popular class based lessons have been carefully designed to raise students’ standards in English and maths, and to prepare students for the 11+ and Common Entrance exams.
With class sizes of no more than six students, these sessions are led by one of our engaging and experienced teachers, in a local and convenient setting. In addition to consolidating the appropriate National Curriculum objectives, pupils will also learn important life skills such as collaboration and critical thinking.
Golden Brain Academy has its own, unique, online tutoring program, allowing us to create a perfect environment, for our students to take their learning journey in the comfort of their own home.
Using real-time video, messenger function and an interactive whiteboard, our online program, which is tablet and laptop friendly, enables our inspiring tutors to offer first class online tuition to all primary aged pupils.
- “**** really enjoyed her lesson so much. She delighted in explaining to me the difference between there, their and they’re – something I have been trying to achieve for years! Fab!”
- “My son achieved an academic scholarship to our first choice school and I just can't thank you enough.”
- "Your personal and friendly approach meant the world to us. We feel that **** is being treated like a person and not just a number."
- "**** loved Saturday’s lesson – I can’t believe she actually uttered the words, “I like English now!"
- “I was best in my class in maths this week because you taught me how to multiply and divide by 10, 100 and 1000 in a way I can understand”.
- “I'm so pleased with how well **** is getting on. This week she scored 36 out of 40 on her mock SATs as opposed to the 17 she got last time. She is gaining in confidence all the time and I just wanted to say thank you”.
- *****'s confidence has increased ten-fold since she started your lessons. At Parents' Evening, her teacher told me she can't believe the rapid progress ***** has made.